Quick Tips: Responding to Customer Enquiry via Email
- When customers make enquiries via email, endeavor to respond as quickly as possible. This shows that you place value on them.
- The email should open with an appreciation. This should be followed by addressing the customer’s concern.
- Your email should show that you truly care about meeting the customer’s need. If you make the client see how much you genuinely care, it could be your first step in winning over a loyal client.
- In your email, clearly state what the enquiry is about, to show that you understand what the client needs.
- Answer appropriately, providing detailed essential information that will satisfy the customer.
- Attach relevant documents to the email. This will help to keep the email succinct.
- Make arrangement for a meeting when this is needed to ensure the client gets the very best.
- If you do not have what the client needs, let the client know this clearly. Inform him/her if an alternative is available.
- Give room for the customer to make further enquiry if not satisfied with your reply.
- Your closure should be warm and caring.
- Be conventional. Do not be over formal or fill your email with jargons. Keep everything simple and clear.
- Your tone should be professional, positive and optimistic. A negative tone creates an unfriendly atmosphere and may put off the customer.
- Your email should be concise, without unnecessary details or long phrases.
Sponsored Insertion >>
Make Grammarly Your Next Best Friend to Write Better Emails
Grammarly is an indispensable tool for people who write important emails, documents, and web contents.
If you are a manager, sales person or customer service personnel who sends important emails every day, I’m quite confident you would greatly value the quality of your grammar.
Grammarly helps you write important emails professionally by correcting your grammar and spelling errors easily and painlessly.
Once you install the FREE Grammarly extension on your Chrome, Internet Explorer or Firefox browser, Grammarly will quickly check your Grammar and help you change wrong grammar or spelling with just one click.
Bottomline – Grammarly is a “great friend” for people who write important emails. You should try Grammarly right away.
If you prefer Microsoft Add-in, Desktop app or a web app, Grammarly provides them too.
Sample Email One: Responding to Customer Enquiry via Email
We received your enquiry about the new discounts we offer on our frozen chicken. Thank you so much for your interest! We are offering the discount as a reward for loyal customers like you. Please find attached to this email details on the various discounts available. The discounts are based on the total weight of the frozen chicken purchased. In addition to this, the purchased products will be delivered free of charge anywhere within the city.
We look forward to seeing you soon so that you can enjoy this new offer.
Please, do contact us if you have additional queries. Thanks again!
Sales Representative, JayMax Chicken
Sample Email Two: Responding to Customer Enquiry via Email
Thank you for your interest in our in coconut oil. We are excited to hear from you. In response to your enquiry, please find attached to this email our product catalogue. We hope the information provided in it answers your query. However, please do not hesitate to contact us for further clarification if need be.
We look forward to your patronage.
Regional Manager, Rainbow Farms
Sample Email Three: Responding to Customer Enquiry via Email
Thank you so much for your query regarding our cleaning services. In response to your question, the total cost for cleaning a house with the information you provided is $1055. In addition to this, I have attached a detailed brochure of our cleaning services.
As you know, we will need to meet in person to finalize the logistics involved in locating and gaining access to the building. I would be pleased to meet with you in my office. Alternatively, I can come over to yours if it is more suitable to you.
If you need further explanation, please do not hesitate to let me know.
I hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks again for your interest in us.
Service Manager, The Klean Kompany
Sample Email Four: Responding to Customer Enquiry via Email
Thank you for your enquiry. We are sorry you have been having difficulties contacting Argo Shipping Company. To answer your question, we have terminated our partnership with Argo Shipping Company; therefore we are unable to assist you with your missing order.
The partnership was terminated on 25 January 2016; this was six months before you made your order with them. We currently have no official communication lines with them and are unable to provide you with further details regarding the situation with the company.
I have attached to this email, the legal documents showing the termination of the partnership.
It is our hopes that the situation is resolved soonest.
Public Relations Officer, Crane & Bale Company
Sample Email Five: Responding to Customer Enquiry via Email
We are thrilled to hear from you. Thank you for your query about our beauty products. To answer your question, we have a wide range of beauty products, from skin care to hair treatment products. Our prices are unbeatable! I have attached a detailed product catalogue to this email. It contains specifications and prices for your perusal.
It would be a pleasure if I can meet with you to enable us discuss in more details, any specific requirement you have which is not provided in the catalogue. The meeting can hold at your office when it is convenient for you.
If you have further questions or need additional clarifications, please do not hesitate to contact me.
I look forward to doing business with you.
All the best,
Senior Partner, True Beauty International
Sample Email Six: Responding to Customer Enquiry via Email
Thank you for your enquiry. You were unable to find our Vibro Plasma TV, model XT115 because we have discontinued the manufacture and sales of this model. It has been replaced with Vibro Plasma TV XT116 which is an improved model with more advanced features.
I have attached to this email, a product catalog that contains details of the features of this new model and other models; and a PDF file containing the addresses of stores where you can conveniently purchase this new model.
Thank you so much for choosing our product. We cherish your patronage.
Sales Manager, Future Technologies
Sample Email Seven: Responding to Customer Enquiry via Email
We appreciate your interest in our products and services. To address your concerns regarding our published books and publishing services, please visit our website www.bestbookspublishers.com for detailed information on these.
However, if you would like us to see in person and discuss how we can help in more detail, I would be glad to pay you a visit.
In the meanwhile, please do contact me if you need more clarifications.
We look forward to doing business with you.
Customer Relations, The Orchard Publishers
Latest posts by Kelechi Duru (see all)
- Guidelines on How to Apply for Jobs via Email - April 19, 2017
- 12 Tips for Answering Business Phone Calls - March 20, 2017
- How to Provide Effective Customer Service via Email - March 17, 2017