We have witnessed a boom in the use of online social media and networks by internet users in the last few years. While several organizations are still searching for the best social media strategy, Scott Monty has succeeded in powerfully marketing and promoting Ford products through effective audience engagement.
In just about 3 years of being the head of social media at Ford Motor Company, he has succeeded in creating effective and efficient social networks on Twitter and Facebook together with an impressive social media blog, the Ford story where loyal fans ceaselessly yak about Ford products and also recommend them to others.
More interesting is that fact that Monty has taken audience engagement beyond the generic Twittering and Facebooking or the regular blogging.
He understands the art of actively engaging internet users.
Before the launching of Ford Fiesta, he engaged the whole internet community in a joint sport called Ford Fiesta Movement where many internet users were engaged in discussions and videos on a product that hadn’t been launched. Recently, he began another social buzz, Ford Focus Rally.
The secret behind Scott Monty’s success is quite obvious from a few facts:
He had a holistic plan. In an FIR interview, shortly after he was employed, his answers revealed that he had a full plan of action.
Right from the outset of his job, he put forth the right foot. Neville Hobson , in 2008, ran article on how he used Twitter to defuse rising criticism against Ford Motor Company.
Take advantage of our 5-Day Course on “How to Write Professional Emails in English“. If you have ever wanted to become better at writing emails in English, this short course will be of immense benefit to you. The course is still available for free. Learn More Here >>
Scott Monty’s knows how to tap the power of creativity
Creativity is induced by deep passion.
Monty is recognized as a very personable and passionate helper who was able to draw on his creativity using his passion to help people solve problems.
Scott Monty Focused more on Community Engagement than Information control
Monty has recognized that controlling information is not the ultimate business strategy in social media. As remarked earlier, he focuses on a more powerful engagement of its audience through more interactive means.
SkiddMark remarked that:
“Ford … embraced social media, bringing on board Scott Monty who has transformed Ford’s dialogue with its customers and engaged many thousands in the most interactive campaigns of 2010.”
Scott Monty believes in what he does
It is so interesting that he did not stop at starting a blog for his company, he started another blog for himself, http://www.scottmonty.com/, where he shares his own ideas with the world.
Interestingly, Scott is a graduate of Boston’s University School of Medicine, though he also got an MBA from the same school at the same time. He spent most part of his early years in advertising and marketing before developing a passion for blogging, pod casting etc. He has now risen to become a voice and force in Online Marketing.
Scott Monty’s Style has been to listen to conversations, assess audience perspective, then engage and repeat until the wanted perspective is being passed across.
Which successful internet entrepreneur, business strategist or online marketer do you want us to discuss? What aspects of their lives are you particularly interested in?
Further Reading on Business Stories of CEOs and Founders
- Meet the Founder and CEO of Groupon.com, Andrew Mason, who Declined $6 Billion offer from Google
- Meet the Lady Millionaire, Ali Brown, Who Started Out Without a Coach or Mentor
- What Founding CEO & Cofounder of Skype, Niklas Zennström, Says About Business
- Meet GoDaddy CEO, Bob Parsons Who Said “I’ve earned everything I’ve ever received”
- How Cofounder & President, Arianna Huffington Started Huffington Post & Sold to AOL for $315 million
Quicklinks for Writing Emails Professionally >>
- Basic Tips and Guidelines for Writing Emails Professionally
- General Tips and Guidelines for Writing Emails Professionally
- Examples and Templates for Writing Emails Professionally
- Customer Service Email Examples for Professionals
- Examples and Guidelines for Closing Emails Professionally
- Examples for Making Requests Professionally
- Email Examples for Sales and Marketing
- Examples and Guidelines for Responding to Emails Professionally