Getting the desired traffic to your blog can be daunting! It is almost impossible until you begin to do the right things the right way.
Thousands of blogs are started monthly, yet only a minor percentage actually get a decent number of readers. The others toil and toy until they are eventually lost in the abyss of redundant blogs.
There are seven sound tactics that can get you more readers faster than most other people. You may have read or heard of some of these tips before, but they are timeless truths. If you have not implemented them, please pull yourself by your bootstrap now – they are simple and effective:
1. Get More Readers to Your Blog from Social Networks
The value of social networks in driving traffic to websites is unquantifiable. Many people have recorded huge success just by introducing Facebook and/or Twitter comment boxes, share buttons etc to their blog. Google + is here, and many people are already taking advantage of it.
2. Get More Readers to Your Blog by Being Active in Communities
As you already know, you look for fish in water, leopards in the wild or zoo, and birds in the air. Similarly, you need to get to the communities where your target audiences regularly go, to get them to your blog.
You will find a lot of people to help in relevant forums. Help others genuinely without undue pressure that they should visit your blog. In addition, you should comment regularly on similar or complementary blogs. This is an easy way to get to your target audience.
Remember, a link to your blog should appear in your signature and should be labeled appropriately.
3. Get More Readers to Your Blog from Search Engines
If you have been operating your blog for a while now, you are probably getting some traffic from search engines already. However, you need to maximize this.
First, if you have not submitted your blog URL to the major search engines, you should do that immediately. Then, ensure you link back to your blog in your signature in forums and comments on other blogs. Thirdly, intentionally link back to your blog from articles you post on article sites and other blogs. Fourthly, strive to focus your blog on a narrow set of keywords where you can rank high.
4. Make your Blog Attractive to Get More Readers
First impression matters a lot, and our outfits form a major part of our first impression. For a blog, the aesthetics determine whether your visitor should respect and stay with you or not.
A badly designed or badly arranged blog can quickly put your visitors off. So, spend more time to make your blog appealing or get a professional to handle that for you. Use pictures for your posts to make them visually appealing.
5. Write High Quality Contents to Get More Readers to Your Blog
Content is king in blogging. If you ever get visitors through search engines, social networks or links, only your content can make them stay.
Web surfers are constantly searching for the best information online. If you are slack in this, you may lose them. High quality contents that are capable of answering the questions of surfers should be your target. Bear in mind that, having great headlines also constitutes quality in content creation.
6. Be Consistent & Post frequently to Get More Readers to Your Blog
The Internet is wide and very diverse. The attention span of surfers easily shift. If they are not getting what they need predictably and when it is needed, they can easily move to other blogs.
The subtle truth is, you have to behave like a father to your audience – predict what their problems are and solve them before they tell you. If not, someone else will offer them what they want.
7. Use Personality to Get More Readers to Your Blog
Blogging is part of the Social Media. Thus, readers are also interested in your personality type. Do not be afraid to make opinions or reveal your side of an issue. Know this! You can’t get them all. It is actually better to get the ones that like you just the way you are than playing fake.
Further Reading on Business Marketing
- The Beginner’s Guide to Writing- 7 SIMPLE TIPS
- How to Master Selling on the Internet: The 6 Irrefutable Principles of Persuasion
- Maximizing Your Social Media Strategies: Advice from Thought Leaders in Internet Marketing
- Blogging for Success Anywhere in the World: Suggestions from Millionaire Bloggers
- Self-Branding: How to Separate Yourself from the Crowd & Build Credibility on the Internet
Quicklinks for Writing Emails Professionally >>
- Basic Tips and Guidelines for Writing Emails Professionally
- General Tips and Guidelines for Writing Emails Professionally
- Examples and Templates for Writing Emails Professionally
- Customer Service Email Examples for Professionals
- Examples and Guidelines for Closing Emails Professionally
- Examples for Making Requests Professionally
- Email Examples for Sales and Marketing
- Examples and Guidelines for Responding to Emails Professionally